If you want a a specific answer to a single question, then look no further than a one card Tarot Spread (the ‘Google’ of all things mystical). I use these for a quick answer. You can, however, use them to meditate upon for a more in-depth meaning.
This spread can be used for any questions whether about love, career, finances or relationships.
Here’s how to get the best from your one card spread:
1) Contemplate on your question. Make sure you are clear. You can ask for a Yes or No answer but you will need to have a better grasp of the Tarot meanings (I’m compiling a directory for the meanings of the cards so this will be able to help you)
2) While contemplating Shuffle the cards.
3) Intuitively pull a card. If one ‘pops’ this is more powerful so take extra notice of the meaning.
4) Lay the card before you. Is it upright or reversed?
5) Interpret the card both through traditional meaning and by what the illustration and symbols mean to you on a personal level
6) If you are looking for a deeper message meditate on the cards meaning
7) Don’t be tempted to draw other cards or re-pull if you don’t like what you see/hear. Take the time to reflect upon how you can learn from the message in the card.
Here’s an example of a one card draw:
You ask the question: “How will I make the most of today?“
The card pulled is the Knight of Pentacles
My interpretation would have been:
I should spend the day working towards my goals. Some of my tasks may be a bit tedious but they are necessary for the long term benefit. It would be a good day to run over finances and look at how best to use my resources. Could be I also spend some of my time being of service to others!
How would you interpret the Knight of Wands upright?
Rachelle Harris-Milham is a Mother, Grandma, Daughter, Sister, Niece and Cousin. She is an Artist who writes and loves to read Tarot.
Contact her rachelle@T4Tarot.com